SEARCH THE WEB FOR MORE INTARSIA AND PROJECTS

Custom Search

Monday, August 11, 2008

ROCK BAND PLAQUE


Hello all,

It's been awhile since my last post and I'm sorry. I have been working a lot of hours at my job lately and haven't had enough time in the workshop. The time I do get in the shop have been used up with my experimenting with building custom frames. I have built a miter sled for the table saw to help me make better miters. I did manage to get my first frame built with satisfactory results. I still have to practice more. I'm going to be painting the frame to go with the scroll art I had in mind for it and I'll be posting it soon.


I do have a plaque to show you that I made for my son. It's one of his favorite bands and he has it hanging on his wall. I did this project fairly quickly and I think it came out pretty good. If you notice, I used a carving tool to carve some texture to the piece. I thought it looked to plain and was missing something. That's what I love about woodworking, your only limited by your own imagination!!


Well, I will have some stuff up as soon as I can get some quality time in the shop. Till then I hope you have a great week ahead and talk to you soon.


Dean

No comments: