SEARCH THE WEB FOR MORE INTARSIA AND PROJECTS

Custom Search

Thursday, August 14, 2008

TRIBAL LION


Hello all,

Well here is my latest creation, the tribal lion. I downloaded this picture from a tattoo site that I ran across. I like tribal art and I love lions so I thought this picture was fitting. Also, the frame was custom made by me. I spent some time in the shop trying to get this right and after a few attempts, I finally got good results. This is actually the third frame I made for this picture. The first one was scrapped because it was severely out of square. The second, I ended up cutting it too short for the picture. I guess the third time was the charm. I ended up making a miter sled for the table saw and that made everything easy. What I liked about making the frame was I finally can put all those router bits I have to good use. The possibilities are endless!!


Well, I hope you like this latest project, I have a couple more in the works and should be posting them soon. Till then, have a good night and thanks for looking.


Dean

No comments: