SEARCH THE WEB FOR MORE INTARSIA AND PROJECTS

Custom Search

Sunday, August 24, 2008

DOLPHIN INLAY ROUND BOX



Hello everyone,


Today I have a nice little project for anyone that is intrested in inlay work. I got this pattern from my friend Steve Good at http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/. Steve has many projects that you can download for free. If you haven't seen his site yet, you'll be very happy with the things you can download. Also, he has a video that goes along with this project at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjecP8KjjrU&feature=related. This is part one of a 2 part video. Once on the youtube site you'll find part 2.




I used white oak for the box and I used Paduk for the inlay. I like how that reddish color from the Paduk stands out in the white oak. I finished it with Tung oil and then sprayed it with a satin poly finish. This project only took a couple hours to do and it was fun.




Well, hope you like this project and don't forget to stop by Steve's site if you want to do this project. Thanks and talk to you soon.




Dean

No comments: