Monday, July 7, 2008
I finally was able to finish up a couple projects today. I tried my hand at some fret work albeit easy ones. I think it went pretty well and I used some different wood than you would normally would. The Phoenix was made out of a piece of scrap maple that had some unusual grain pattern. Then I thought that it looked good with a red back ground.
The other is a tribal scorpion that was cut out of Paduk. This wood was a little different to cut. When I was done cutting , it was like I ate a whole bag of Cheese puffs. The saw dust was a fine, orange looking. I used a backer that was a naturally dark wood. I'm not too sure what it was, but it was very nice to cut. I used tung oil to finish the maple, paduk and the other dark wood to give it a natural look. The grain on the paduk is beautiful and I'm not too sure if the picture gives it any justice.
Well, thanks for looking and feel free to leave comments on any posting you see. Love to hear what you think!!